Create the module
To add the module on your website, go to extensions > module manager and click on New to create the module. Click on the module that says instaGallery.
Choose a name for your module and a position, where you want the gallery to be displayed.
A bug in Internet Explorer stops the setup from working in some cases. Use Safari, FireFox or Chrome for the first setup of the plugin.
1. Create Instagram Account if you haven't had one yet.
Go to http://instagram.com/developer/ and create a new account.
2. Create Client ID if you haven't had one yet.
a. Sign in using your account.
b. Click on "Manage Clients" menu on the top of the site.
c. Click on "Register a New Client" and complete the form.
- Application Name : Choose an appropriate name for your application, for example My Instagram Gallery.
- Description : Write a few words that describe your application, for example "Sharing Instagram Photos".
- Website : The URL of your website, for example http://thecoders.vn
- OAuth redirect_url : the root URL of your website, for example http://thecoders.vn
After registering you will get Client information, for example:
3. Fill the parameter in "Instagram Basic Setting" in back-end module configuration.
a. Enter Client ID and Redirect URI into the respective fields, for example:
b. Click on "Connect Instagram" link and click on "Authorize" button on popup window.
c. The popup window will be redirected to your website automatically. Please copy access_token in url of popup window and paste it into "Access token" textbox.
4. Configure the paramaters "Instagram Image Setting" and "Show Box Setting" and Save changes.
Note: You must enter user id (not user name) if you want get image from a special User. You can get User ID from here: http://jelled.com/instagram/lookup-user-id