From series Joomla! 3.x, Joomla supported many new features compared to previous releases. But just til Joomla! 3.1, a completely new feature has been introduced: TAG feature. Read more to know about it.
What are the new features of Joomla! 3.1?
- Tags (click here to see the recent blog post about it)
- Show logs in debug console
- Refactor installation to use new application and MVC classes
- Added pagination in COM_SEARCH component
- Added triggers on save for com_config
- JPlugin autoloadLanguage property
- Added SQL Server subclass for FinderIndexer
Miscellaneous: Removed the GeSHi plug-in
Joomla! 3.1 compared to Joomla! 3.0:
Several important features has been revised:
- Pagination for search page
- Show log for debug
- Remove GeShi plugin (a syntac highlighter, not a must-have, of course)
- and Tag feature
Tag - new cool feature
From version 3.1 on, TAG is one of the official feature for Joomla! CMS. This helps us optimize Web pages with keywords and certainly, better for SEO. Generally, this will be quite same as tag of K2 component if you are using, however, this will be Joomla! native.
More about it here
And here is link to download:
Note: Joomla 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla CMS, with Joomla 3.1 the second short term support release in this series. Please note that going from Joomla 3.0 to 3.1 is a one-click upgrade and is NOT a migration. The same is true is for any subsequent versions in the Joomla 3 series. That being said, please do not upgrade any of your production sites to the beta version as beta is ONLY intended for testing.