Have you recently established your law firm website but are lacking any considerable traffic? You probably are lacking in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO functions to have search engine spiders locate your site and make it rank further up in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
The best time to start thinking about implementing SEO on your website is when you are just beginning. If you are running a law firm website, organic traffic is the lifeline of your firm. Therefore it’s vital to start implementing lawyer SEO early enough.
If you’re starting your law firm website, you may not have sufficient resources to hire an expert SEO or contract an SEO company. Nonetheless, you can still implement SEO on your website by yourself. SEO isn’t that complicated, especially when it comes to the basics. Start executing SEO on your law firm website using the tips below.
On-Site Page Website Optimization
On-site page website optimization is concerned with what actually happens on the website. In the past, on-page SEO involved title tags, meta-descriptions, addresses, and optimized website images.
However, Google seemed to have changed this and has started focusing on other SEO factors such as link building techniques and content quality. Below are some practices to implement on-page SEO on your law website.
- Ensure your website is clear, well-structured, user-friendly, and always up to date. A well-structured website will ensure that all pages and subpages are easily located and indexed by search engine spiders and crawlers.
- Add one primary keyword directly to the webpage URL address. Ensure also that you use hyphens (-) instead of underscores (_) in URLs. Google reads words separated by underscores as a single word, thus becomes difficult to find.
- Choose static URL addresses over dynamic ones. You may also want to keep the URL address as brief, descriptive, and relevant as possible. A descriptive website means that a visitor may know what the website is about at first glance. This will make it easier for a web user to find something they’re searching for on a particular website.
- Create a title tag on every single page on your website. A title tag describes what your website is all about and appears in several places, including social media, external pages, SERPs, and in browsers. Always ensure that the title tag is short, appealing, and unique to attract the targeted audience’s attention.
- Meta-descriptions are essential to market your brand/company. Place a catchy meta-description (150-160 characters) to market your brand to the targeted audience.
As you may already know, keywords are the backbone of SEO. An efficient SEO keyword strategy for your law website should be based on finding the most popular ways your targeted customers search for your services on the internet.
You may also use Google Keyword Planner to research the right keywords to use on your site. Some good practices when it comes to keywords use include the following:
- Mix the three main types of keywords concurrently: broad match, generic, and long-tail. Varied use of the three types of keyword will get you a variety of traffic to your website.
- Add a location to your keyword. For instance, if you have a law firm in Miami offering criminal law services. An ideal phrase would be “Criminal lawyer in Miami.”
- Don’t overuse keywords. Ensure they’re naturally spread throughout the content.
Content Is Key
The quality and uniqueness of quality you put up on your law firm websites determine how it ranks in the Search Engine Results Pages. Your content needs to be useful and relatable to your targeted audience. Additionally, you need to update your content frequently to maintain your audience’s interest. When it comes to content, ensure it’s unique, useful, free of errors, and appeals to the targeted audience.
Good SEO will ensure your web page ranks further up on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) and consequently increase traffic. If you’re starting out with your website, you may lack the funds to hire an expert SEO. Nonetheless, SEO isn’t as complicated as often perceived. You can seamlessly implement SEO on your website using the fundamental practices discussed in this article. Remember not to overdo it!